Monitoring and evaluation (M&E), impact assessment and learning are essential parts of Bonsucro’s activities.
We are constantly working to improve the social, environmental, and economic sustainability of sugarcane farming and production of its derived products, and our Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) System reflects this.
Our MEL System serves three main purposes:
- To monitor and evaluate the multiple roles of Bonsucro in contributing to change, as well as to learn how delivery of the strategy can be continuously improved;
- To generate evidence of our impact and enable us, as a community of change, to learn and improve (informing service delivery, programme design and tools, globally and locally);
- To report and celebrate success and give visibility to positive impacts, creating trust in Bonsucro and inspiring our stakeholders to take action on sustainability.
Bonsucro MEL Resources
Bonsucro Theory of Change
This diagram depicts Bonsucro’s overarching Theory of Change, aligned with the Strategic Plan 2021-2026.
Priority Indicators for Monitoring and Evaluation
Bonsucro’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) System Report
The Bonsucro MEL System Report provides an overview of the MEL practices and tools employed by Bonsucro.
The report also supports Bonsucro’s compliance with the ISEAL Impacts Code.
Bonsucro MEL Framework
Bonsucro Outcome Report
Every year, Bonsucro publishes its Outcome Report to provide stakeholders with a view on key improvements achieved by the sustainable sugarcane sector, made of operators which participate in the Bonsucro platform and/or achieve Bonsucro certification. It is based on analyses carried out by the Bonsucro secretariat using different sources of data. The report seeks to assess key indicators to provide an evaluation of the performance of the organisation in delivering impact, and to identify the measurable outcomes achieved by operators.
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2021
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2020
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2019
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2018
Bonsucro Outcome Report 20117
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2016
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2015
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2014
Additional outcome/impact reports
- Continuous Improvement Report 2021 – Survey designed by Bonsucro, analysis by EFECA 2021
- Business case study: Key learnings on Bonsucro certification in India – Deloitte 2021
- The benefits of Bonsucro certification in Brazil – Bonsucro study 2020
- Impact Assessment – SIPA Business and Human Rights Clinic 2019
For further information or if you have any comments about Bonsucro’s M&E system, please contact Laura Ferreira email@example.com