What is the Chain of Custody Standard?
The Chain of Custody (ChoC) Standard relates to the supply of a product, including all stages from feedstock production up to consumption. It’s proof that you’re sourcing and trading responsibly, allowing you to make sustainability claims about your sugarcane sourcing.
It provides assurance that sustainability claims can be tracked along the supply chain, from end to origin. It demonstrates responsible sourcing and ethical trading.
...ensures monitoring of sustainable/ certified volumes
...enables traceable information to be transferred to the next supply chain step
...allows companies to make on-product claims
Chain of Custody certification helps to understand your supply chains and mitigate risks. A certificate also:
- Enhances your reputation
- Helps you meet your sustainable sourcing targets with credibility
- Provides you with a narrative on sustainability that both the buyer and the seller understand
- Gives you the option to make on product claims
- Presents you with the opportunity to be ahead of the global movement – rather than having to catch up with your competitors.
The ChoC Standard's main principles:
1. Implement Mass Balance ChoC
2. Validate Bonsucro Data
3. Reconcile Bonsucro Data
4. Trace Bonsucro Data
5. Identify Data to Clients
Chain of Custody Standard (including Guidance)
EU RED Chain of Custody Standard (including Guidance)
For all inquiries and feedback on any of the Bonsucro standards, revision processes or to request a hard copy of public summaries, standards or other related materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org