10th November 2023
Bonsucro is looking for a competent and dynamic event coordinator to help plan and manage the logistics and administration for Bonsucro Global Week, our flagship conference for sustainability in sugarcane, taking place in Cuernavaca, Mexico, in May 2024.
From 20 to 23 May 2024, we will gather over 250 representatives from the sector for our flagship conference, Bonsucro Global Week (BWG 24), in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Bonsucro Global Week is the world’s premier event for sustainability in sugarcane. It’s a unique four-day event of learning, sharing, and networking that attracts stakeholders and decision-makers from all parts of the sugarcane sector.
We discuss complex global challenges, hear from world-class speakers and industry experts, and learn from inspiring success stories. We provide our audience with an opportunity to see sustainability innovation in action on our field trips, and also through inviting our sponsors and supporters to exhibit their products. The event also includes a social programme consisting of an informal cocktail event and formal awards ceremony/banquet.
We are looking for an event coordinator to help plan and manage logistics and administration for BGW 24 before, during and after the event. You will act as liaison between Bonsucro and external vendors, and provide advice for how to ensure a top-quality event and experience for all delegates.
The work is anticipated to require 60 days to complete. It will involve planning and administration before the event, coordinating staff from the venue, vendors and Bonsucro during the event, and coordinating all break-down activities and closing outstanding contracts after the event.
A complete breakdown can be found in the position’s terms of reference.
Required skills and competencies
- 5-10 years demonstrated event management experience in Mexico, ideally in a similar role or role with multi-faceted responsibilities for similar or larger events.
- Experience managing a diverse range of event-related vendors.
- Experience coordinating event logistics on-site during events.
- Fluent in Spanish and proficient in English (all committee meetings will be in English).
- Strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of sustainable event organisation.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Deadline for submissions is 28 November 2023. We anticipate this work will require 60 days to complete
Download the call for proposals here.