24th October 2018
Bonsucro’s Chain of Custody Standard ensures the traceability of sustainability claims along the supply chain from the farm to the end user. Since its launch in 2011, 38 certificates have been issued to organisations in over 15 countries.
The Standard is currently going through a revision process, with a new version aiming to be published in December 2018. Improving the Standard has the potential to increase the uptake of certified material through simplifying the chain of custody requirements and removing current bottlenecks in the system.
This revision of the ChoC is intended to address;
- An expansion of the Supply chain model (to include Credit Mass Balance),
- Clarify the Unit of Certification options (Multi-Site Mass Balance rules)
- Add overall clarity to the Chain of Custody.
Have your say – join the consultation
From 24 October to 23 November 2018 the Chain of Custody Standard Draft V5.0 is open for public consultation. Comments should be submitted via this online survey: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4647342/Chain-of-Custody-Revision-2018.
Should participants wish to submit their comments via email please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The relevant documents for the Chain of Custody Revision are below:
- Chain of Custody Chain of Custody Standard Draft V5.0 Draft
- Summary Memo to Working Group
- Summary of Changes to the Draft Chain of Custody Standard V5.0
- Benchmark Gap Analysis Bonsucro Chain of Custody (Vs Fairtrade, ISO, ISCC, RSPO)