This role is part of the Standards pillar of the Standards and Assurance Department (S&A). It will manage, the development, maintenance, and revision of the Bonsucro standards. The role will have a special and specific focus on environmental and social topics of the standards and will support other teams and projects, internally and externally, with its technical knowledge.
- To develop, maintain, and interpret the Bonsucro Standards and Guidance (Production, Smallholder, Chain of Custody) in compliance with ISEAL codes.
- To maintain a high level of credibility and trust towards the standards among the sugarcane and certification sectors, by contributing to the assurance of the program.
- Together with the Data Manager/Coordinator and/or Impacts and Insights Manager, to analyse evidence on the impact of Bonsucro standards to inform the development of science-based criteria (GHG, biodiversity, water, HCV, etc), to provide data and reports for members/stakeholders, and to inform the development of new tools, and innovative practices
- To provide technical support on environmental and social issues internally and externally to Bonsucro members principally at the farm and mill level but also with intermediaries and end-users of the sugarcane supply chain.
- To share knowledge of best practices and trends on the most critical issues identified by Bonsucro’s stakeholders, such as greenhouse gas emissions, water stewardship, human & labour rights, among others.
- To manage the process of benchmarking and alignment with other sustainability standards and relevant initiatives
- In collaboration with the S&A Director, to coordinate the tasks and meetings of the
Technical Advisory Board (TAB).
- University degree in a relevant subject, preferably in agricultural sciences, environmental science, or other similar.
- Technical skills relevant to developing and implementing sustainability standards, preferably with ISEAL principles.
- Good and broad knowledge of relevant social issues, and specific expertise in environmental issues, relating to agriculture, particularly in areas of water, GHG, and soil.
- Previous experience in/affinity for stakeholder engagement, consultation, and consensus-building around technical topics within complex stakeholder contexts.
- International work experience
- Previous experience working internationally for the private sector or not-for-profit.
- Excellent organizational & work planning skills, capable of multi-tasking on a wide range of topics
- Confident in presenting to/interacting with a variety of international audiences and stakeholders
- Proficient writing skills and ability to deliver comprehensive analytical reports
- Proficient in using IT and online tools
- Experience working with data in an analytical capacity
- and synthesizing complex information
- Knowledge of tropical agriculture farming and sugarcane processing, and related economic
- Experience in smallholder and/or regenerative agriculture
- Experience with Bonsucro Standards either implementing, auditing, or training / Bonsucro Qualified
- Experience in carrying out an environmental audit
- Additional language skills: Portuguese, Spanish
Read the full job description and how to apply : Bonsucro – Standards Manager Candidate Pack
Location: UK preferred but European candidates will be considered
Application deadline: 31 July 2022