We are looking to recruit a new Membership & Markets Coordinator to work with our members and help build the market for sustainable sugarcane. This exciting new role sits within Bonsucro’s Engagement & Markets Team in London.
This is a service-oriented role, and the jobholder will act as the first point of contact for member support and membership processes. They will also be responsible for reviewing information that members share as part of their application to join Bonsucro and manage relevant communications with aspiring members.
In addition, the role will perform market research to identify new market opportunities for sustainable sugarcane and engage potential new members and partners.
- Coordinate the account management of companies in Europe and the United States, ensuring member satisfaction and relationship-building.
- Support effective membership management across the organisation, assisting colleagues around the world in understanding and applying Bonsucro’s membership-related processes and tools
- Respond to and take ownership of membership-related queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of member engagement tools/systems
- Coordinate with the Corporate Services team about new member onboarding onto the CRM system, ensuring new member data is updated regularly
- Help organise Bonsucro’s Members’ Council meetings, including taking notes, producing accurate minutes, and ensuring that agreed actions are captured and follow up on their implementation
Human Rights Due Diligence
- Coordinate the implementation of Bonsucro’s Human Rights due diligence processes across the organisation
- Help regional teams to carry out risk assessments and the implementation of Bonsucro’s member due diligence processes
- Coordinate the due diligence process for new applicants in Europe and the United States
- Carry out checks for current and new members when required and support other teams with additional information required
- Undertake and support market and supply chain research at global and regional levels to inform Bonsucro’s strategies in different sectors and regions
- Map relevant events and identify market opportunities
- Liaise with the Communications Team about social media and outreach
- Support the development and maintenance of member recruitment and engagement tools (ie. presentations, B2B materials etc)
- Provide support to strategic working groups on key thematic areas, including Living Wage, Climate Action, Water Stewardship and Human Rights
- Educated to degree level in social sciences, law, international relations, or equivalent field/work experience
- Knowledge of key sustainability issues and themes (such as climate change, water, Human Rights)
- Service-oriented attitude with experience in delivering services and support to stakeholders and clients
- Relatable and friendly, with a desire to build strong relationships with clients and members
- Proven experience in membership-based organisation or key account management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey information clearly
- Strong research and analytical skills with experience in market research and/or customer prospecting
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with virtual communications via Teams, Zoom etc
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience with communications, including social media outreach
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM or similar account management tools
- Knowledge or experience with survey systems and survey design
- An interest in voluntary regulation and sustainability certification
How to Apply
Read the full job description and apply here
Closing date: Applications are reviewed and interviews held on a rolling basis, so early submission is strongly recommended.