Working for a dynamic, purposeful, multi-stakeholder organisation, the Impacts & Insights Manager will play a pivotal role in the Bonsucro mission to collectively accelerate the sustainable production and uses of sugarcane and the success of the ambitious new five-year strategic plan. Founded ten years ago, Bonsucro is the most widely adopted standard for sustainable sugarcane and is undergoing an exciting time of expansion and opportunity.
The Impact & Insights Manager is a new role to support a culture and practice of robust monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting in Bonsucro. This includes developing Bonsucro’s Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (ME&L) framework for our recently launched strategy, leading on monitoring and evaluation activities, as well as building the ME&L capacity of Bonsucro staff . The position will ensure that a strong M&E system delivers key insights for Bonsucro and its members about our impact, and that the learning feeds into Bonsucro and its members’ continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for
You will have significant experience in developing and implementing M&E systems and embedding them within organisational processes and culture. You will be organised and efficient, with excellent attention to detail, able to quickly pick up new systems and procedures, and to prioritise and juggle competing priorities and requests. Although able to work with substantial independence and initiative, you will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, dealing proactively and confidently with a range of stakeholders, tasks and situations. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to work as a key member of a small but fast-paced, results-oriented team.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Execution
- Develop and implement a robust, transparent and credible monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking progress against Bonsucro’s strategy, projects/programmes, KPIs and enabling effective reporting on Bonsucro’s impact
- Strengthen Bonsucro’s impact reporting to members and stakeholders, based on Bonsucro’s strategy
- Lead on data analysis for Bonsucro annual Outcome Report and for reports on Bonsucro impacts, closely working with the Communications team and the Data Innovation Coordinator
- Review and analyse insights from members´ annual continuous improvement reports and contribute to the extraction of key learning and insights to be shared back with members
- Contribute to providing data and insights to members about their performance to inform their sustainability reporting, in liaison with the Data Innovation Coordinator
- Manage the delivery of external Impact assessments carried out by third parties and supervision of relevant consultants
- Support the development of project proposals and ensure inclusion of adequate project M&E frameworks and activities
Learning, Accountability and Capacity Building
• In close collaboration with the International Programmes team, capture, document & share lessons learned and promote the scaling up of best practices, internally and with members
• Provide to the Communications & Events Manager key insights in relation to Bonsucro’s impact and progress, to inform the development of impact stories and case studies to share with members about Bonsucro and projects/programmes
• Work together with Bonsucro colleagues to execute the provision of a credible and robust monitoring, evaluation and learning system
• Build M&E capabilities and skills throughout Bonsucro and keep abreast of relevant new approaches and digital tools and cascade them to Bonsucro staff
Leadership and People Management
• Act in accordance with Bonsucro’s Principles of Accountability, Collaboration, Credibility and Inclusivity
• Nurture and maintain a positive office environment and culture through both individual and team engagement. Provide feedback, guidance and direction as needed
• Highlight exceptions and risk immediately to the Director of Corporate Services as they arise for discussions and resolution.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management
• Develop roster of appropriate service providers and proactively manage service partnerships and delivery toward contractual agreements.
• Act as a representative of the company, where relevant, with both internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting and Analysis
• Work together with staff to deliver required quarterly/annual reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
• Share regular operational progress updates with the Director of Corporate Services, SMT and respective programme managers.
• Lead on regular reporting on Bonsucro impacts to external agencies (e.g. UN Global Compact)
• Lead from Bonsucro side on the ISEAL Impacts Code evaluations by ISEAL
• Provide peer-review of colleagues’ data analytics as required. Periodically review and analyse progress and provide findings and recommendations of areas of improvement
- Significant experience and demonstrated practical expertise in developing and implementing Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning frameworks
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodology, data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, and report writing
- Knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS, STATA, and SAS). Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (or similar tools) strongly preferred
- Strong project management skills and a great organizer with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple things at once
- Accomplished representational and communication skills, written and oral fluency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to identify solutions in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously and be proactive in approach
- Ability to travel to programme regions, as needed.
- Experience with using PowerBI
- Familiarity with sustainability standards and ESG metrics
- Ability to speak additional languages, in particular Spanish and/or Portuguese.
UK based employees enjoy the following (international employees appropriate equivalent):
Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
Pension scheme – 2% employee and 8% employer contributions
Health cash plan – This includes cash back on dentist, eye tests, alternative therapies, gym discount
25 days leave entitlement as standard plus Bank Holidays
Season ticket loan scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer, if you need any support or adjustments in our process, do let us know.
Location: London/UK based (hybrid working); ideally candidates will have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship my be available for exceptional candidates.
We offer hybrid, flexible working arrangements and this role is based on a 35 hour week.
Deadline: 13 February 2022