Working for a dynamic, purposeful, multi-stakeholder organisation you will play a pivotal role in the Bonsucro mission to collectively accelerate the sustainable production and uses of sugarcane and the success of the ambitious new five year strategic plan. Founded ten years ago, Bonsucro is the most widely adopted standard for sustainable sugarcane and is undergoing an exciting time of expansion and opportunity.
The Impact Funding Manager will be responsible for the management of the new Bonsucro Impact Fund, from reviewing project applications to funding allocation, supporting the project selection committee and coordinating with the monitoring & evaluation partner. The Impact Funding Manager will work closely with the Director of International Programmes in developing further funding opportunities for impact projects to support the execution of Bonsucro’s strategy in key sugarcane origins, and play a key role improving our donor relations. A particular expertise in climate change, human rights or smallholder livelihoods would be an advantage.
Strategy and Execution
Bonsucro Impact Fund Management (60%)
- Lead on the whole Fund cycle implementation, from the calls for proposals announcement, to the grant allocation process and reporting, keeping the relationship with applicants and grantees and rigorously implementing the Bonsucro Impact Fund policies and budgets.
- Responsible to ensure that the Project Selection Committee is informed, supporting their decision meetings and effective governance.
- Track the financial commitments of the Fund and continuously update the forecasted disbursement schedule of the Fund.
- Lead on strengthening the efficient and effective operation of the Fund through regular collaborative reviews and revisions of existing policies, procedures, grant management and tracking
- Work closely with the International Programmes team to support their relationships with BIF partners, through coordination around grant management and programme review processes.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation partner to ensure that MEL processes are effectively implemented and contribute to the Bonsucro Impact Fund learning and impact reporting.
- Work with the Communications team to communicate externally about the Fund and projects and telling compelling stories to attract increased investments in Bonsucro Credits and/or leverage other funds.
- Keep abreast with developments in the sugarcane sector to inform the Fund’s future grant programmes.
Other Impact Funding (40%)
- Identify and evaluate new and existing institutional, government and corporate donors for strategic fit, and manage the funding database to track donor grants and programmes.
- Develop fundraising plans, funding pitches and secure additional funding from institutional, government and corporate partners to meet the (>£1,million p.a.) income targets for impact projects (supplemented by Bonsucro Credit Trading income).
- Facilitate and/or develop, with support from others, new project proposals as required by the line manager.
- Prepare and submit timely donor reports and provide support/coaching to the Programmes team to do the same.
- Generate reports and analytics as required.
Leadership and People Management
- Work in accordance with Bonsucro’s Principles of Accountability, Collaboration, Credibility and Inclusivity.
- Nurture and maintain a positive office environment and culture through both individual and team engagement. Provide feedback, guidance and direction as needed.
- Highlight exceptions and risk immediately to the Director of International Programmes as they arise for discussions and resolution.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management
- Engage with internal and external stakeholder, delivering presentations and promoting the Bonsucro Impact Fund, promoting and influencing support to Bonsucro and the Fund.
- Proactively manage service partnerships and delivery toward contractual agreements.
- Act as a representative of the company, where relevant, with both internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting and Analysis
- Work together with staff to deliver required quarterly/annual reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Share regular operational progress updates with the Director of International Programmes, SMT and respective programme managers.
- Periodically review and analyse progress and provide findings and recommendations of areas of improvement.
- Considerable grant-management experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Record of accomplishment in securing funding from donors for sustainable development, preferably related themes of worker/human rights, climate action, water stewardship, gender and smallholder agriculture
- Solid in project management and process, including application of logical frameworks
- Experience reviewing budgets and financial reports
- Influential and inclusive communicator
- Adaptable to thrive in a mission-led, fast moving, multi-stakeholder, international organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to identify solutions in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously and be proactive in approach
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and principles of Bonsucro
- Direct experience of working on sustainable agriculture, rural livelihoods, climate action, rural development, climate change or human rights
- Ability to speak Portuguese, Spanish, or French
We are an equal opportunity employer, if you need any support or adjustments in our process, do let us know.
Location: London-based, hybrid working
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis