Bonsucro aims to increase and share knowledge and practices around sugarcane sustainability. For this, Bonsucro offers a host of different training options for practitioners and change to enablers the fundamentals of the Bonsucro Standards, the Bonsucro Calculator and the Bonsucro Certification. Bonsucro offers a variety of ways and languages to receive trainings. Please see below our different training options and, if you wish to find out more detailed information around our training events, including dates and prices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonsucro Technical Week
- Introduction Training
- Expert/Auditor Qualification Training:Chain of Custody Online Training
- Technical Webinars
- Private Member Trainings
Introduction Training introduces the Bonsucro Certification System, focusing on the Production Standard, which contains all of the sustainability requirements for farms and mills to produce sustainable sugarcane and derived products. It is intended to allow participants to start preparing the implementation of the Bonsucro Standards within their organisation or generally learn more. Introduction training is a one day training and is held as part of the Expert/Auditor Qualification Training.
Expert/Auditor Qualification Training: The qualification training is an intensive training on the Bonsucro Certification System, covering the following:
- Bonsucro Production Standard
- Bonsucro Mass Balance Chain of Custody Standard
- Bonsucro Calculator
- Credit Trading System
- Certification Protocol
- Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance with the Bonsucro Calculator
The course is conducted by Bonsucro as a three-day course, followed by an exam. The expected attendees are Technical Managers, Lead Auditors and Auditors of certification bodies, and managers responsible for the Bonsucro project at mill/agricultural level.
Private Member Training: Bonsucro is able to help member companies with specific requests to run training on the Bonsucro Production Standard, Chain of Custody and Credit Trading System. This can include briefings to members and their suppliers or customers, speaking at closed events or assistance in “rolling out” internal programmes. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Bonsucro Technical Week
A series of training and consultation workshops designed to accelerate the knowledge and adoption of the Bonsucro Production Standard in Tier 1 countries (Brazil, Mexico, Thailand and India). More information on Bonsucro Technical Week will be released shortly.
From time to time, Bonsucro will offer specialised online webinars that explore in depth different facets and tools available to Bonsucro stakeholders.
- Chain of Custody Trainings (Webinar): The Chain of Custody Standard is a set of requirements to manage the flow of Bonsucro-certified material through the supply chain. It is mandatory for producers (mills and farms) in addition to the Bonsucro Production Standard, and any downstream company that would like to make a claim on volumes of Bonsucro certified product or pass the claim on to a customer. This training is a necessary step in becoming a qualified auditor on the Bonsucro Chain of Custody Standard. It is also a great opportunity to become a consultant or expert-producer on implementing the Standard.
- Production Standard Overview (Webinar): The main aim of the Bonsucro Production Standard is to promote measurable performance in key environmental and social impacts of sugarcane production and primary processing while recognising the need for economic viability. It is mandatory for producers (mills and farms) who would like to achieve Bonsucro certification.
- Bonsucro Calculator Overview (Webinar): The Bonsucro Calculator is the central reporting tool for demonstrating compliance with the Bonsucro Production Standard. This webinar is suitable for those implementing the Bonsucro Calculator on their mill or farm, and those providing audits or support services This training will cover the topics of what is the Bonsucro calculator, how do I review a Bonsucro Calculator for quality assurance and how can the Bonsucro Calculator be used to inform a corrective action plan and evaluate mill performance.
- Bonsucro Connect Training (Webinar): Bonsucro is launching a new tool titled Bonsucro Connect in 2017. To find out more about the tool, please visit this page on our website.